I prefer a 300x250 medium rectangle or a 336x280 large rectangle ad unit to be wrapped inside your blog post. In this trick, your ads will be appearing just like an image in a blog post. Just follow these simple steps and don't forget to back up your template in case you made some mistakes.
1. Log in to your adsense account and create a 300x250 ad unit or a 336x280 large rectangle ad unit, then save and get codes
2. Copy and paste the generated code below to parse it.
3. Click on convert.
4. Go to your blogger dashboard > edit template > tick on expand widgets
5. Find this code using CTRL+F <data:post.body/> (Note: some templates has more than 1 of this code, just try them all in case it doesn't work)
6. Just above it paste this code
<b:if cond="data:blog.pageType == "item"">
<div style="float: left; padding: 5px; margin: 5px;">
PARSED ADSENSE CODE
7. Replace " PARSED ADSENSE CODE " with your own parsed adsense code.
Now your adsense can now be seen wrapped around your blogger post on the left side. But those ads won't appear on your home page and will only be visible if you click on your blog posts. This trick can save you ad space on your sidebar.
But I will not advice to use this trick if you are using pictures or images at the beginning of your blog posts because it will violate Google adsense terms of service