Not all people has a Google or blogger account in which they will use to comment on your blog. That is why some people uses a 3rd party comment plug ins just like Disqus and Intense Debate. But actually people are too lazy to comment on those commenting platform and I am one of those. But, if you have facebook comment box on your blog, chances of comments from your audience will increase because almost everyone is on facebook.
Advantage of facebook comment box
- More convenient for visitors. Most people while surfing the web has their facebook account opened, having this comment box will not bother them signing up or entering captcha's symbols when they want to comment.
- It boosts traffic. Visitors has the option to post their comments on their profile and when someone on their profile liked it, it will appear also on their profile page and so on.
- Threaded comments. Some blogs has no threaded comments on their default blogger comment box. Using this plugin will increase conversation from your daily visitors.
- No spam comments.
If you want to hide your default comment box follow this
1. Go to your blogger dashboard > Settings > Comments
2. Find "comments" it is usually embedded below posts > choose hide
1. Go to layout > Edit html
2. Tick on "expand widget" and search for this tag <data:post.body/> (some templates has more than 1 of this if you are using "read more").
3. Copy and paste the code below under the <data:post.body/> code. If you have 2 of these tags place it on the second of the same code
<a alt='FB comment box to your blog' href='http://fromhobby2money.blogspot.com/2012/11/easy-to-install-facebook-comment-box.html' target='new'>
<img alt='' class='icon-action' src=' http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--EqzHZfvcG0/UPrWFRL9OcI/AAAAAAAADFY/s_WnDlX_XEo/s1600/CommentsFB.png'/>
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
<div style='padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;'>
<fb:comments colorscheme='light' expr:href='data:post.url' expr:title='data:post.title' expr:xid='data:post.id' width='470'/>
<div style='color:#fff; background-color:#3B5998;border: solid 1px #ddd; font-size:10px; padding:3px; width:460px;'>
Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by <b>
<a alt='FB comment box to your blog' href='http://fromhobby2money.blogspot.com/2012/11/easy-to-install-facebook-comment-box.html' style='text-decoration:underline; color:#fff;' target='_blank' title='blogger templates'>Bloggerpreneur</a>
</b> Enhanced by <b><a alt='blogger widgets' href='http://fromhobby2money.blogspot.com/' style='text-decoration:underline; color:#fff;' target='_blank' title='Blogger Widgets'>fromhobby2money.blogspot.com</a>
- Change the appearance of the comment box by replacing light to dark.
- You can also change the width.
4. Save template!
Now check on your blog and you will see a facebook comment box just below each of your posts. If you can't see a comment box then your facebook account must have been logged out, try logging in and see your facebook comment box, it will now appear.